Automation Tester – Bradford
We are currently looking for an ambitious, self motivated Automation Tester to join our IT Department at Bradford Head Office.
The IT Department at Driver Hire is very unique. All systems and solutions are both developed, tested and supported in house using a variety of different languages and platforms.
As an Automation Tester, you will play a key role in designing, building, testing and developing effective automated and manual test solutions and strategies to support the release of functional and reliable software used by the entire Driver Hire network of over 100 offices.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- Establishing automated record and play testing, this will include researching and recommending an automated test tool such as Smartbear / Ranorex or similar
- Providing technical development advice to other developers and team members
- Working on effective strategies for a range of functional and reliability testing, regression testing, usability testing and performance testing across multiple platforms and environments
- Participating in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Contributing towards Sprint planning, Retrospect and Demo Scrum meetings and leading the testing estimation effort
- Supporting systems through their release cycle
What knowledge, skills and experience do you need?
- Experience in establishing automated record and play testing
- Confidence and proficiency in automated and manual testing
- Understanding of the test automation practices and principles
- Understanding of the software development life-cycle
- Knowledge of Windows environments
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
It would be advantageous for you to have experience/ knowledge of the following:
- Agile/ Scrum methodologies
- SQL Server or similar
- Winforms Record and Play testing
- MS.Net technology stack
- Advanced Excel
What you get in return?
In return you can expect an attractive rewards package comprising a competitive salary, pension and healthcare benefits, friendly working environment plus the opportunity to develop your career within a successful and highly regarded business.
We recently conducted a survey with over 160 franchisees, Head Office and local office staff; 93% say they are proud to work for Driver Hire, which shows we care about our people.
Apply now if this sounds like the perfect role for you!
Please send your full CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will review all applications and you will be contacted within 14 days of your application if you have been shortlisted.Apply for this role