IT Student Software Tester – 12 Month Placement
We are currently looking for an ambitious and self motivated placement student to join our IT Department at Bradford Head Office for 12 months as part of a university degree. It is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue your career in IT.
As an IT Student Software Tester will play a key role in the quality assurance stage of the software development lifecycle. You will work within our Agile Software Delivery Team on systems and solutions that are both developed and supported in house using a variety of different languages and platforms. You will also focus on writing and conducting manual tests to ensure software created by developers is fit for purpose and defect free.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Writing and execution of manual test scripts
- Assisting with the implementation of a range of functional and reliability testing, regression testing, usability testing and performance testing across multiple platforms and environments
- Documenting, tracking and escalating issues using issue tracking tools
- Supporting systems through their release cycle
- Contributing towards Agile and all Scrum meetings
- Analysing test results
- Participating in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office
- Understanding of the test practices and principles
- Confidence and proficiency in using Web, App and desktop applications
It would be advantageous for you to have experience/ knowledge of the following:
- Manual testing
- Knowledge of Agile/ Scrum methodologies, SQL Server and MS Windows environments
- Some exposure to MS.Net technology stack
- Intermediate Excel
Candidates must be enrolled in an applicable IT degree course.
Why work for Driver Hire?
Driver Hire is the UK’s leading specialist provider of transport and logistics staff. But what really sets us apart is our professional, personable approach to recruitment and our passion for innovation and development. We offer collaborative and cohesive culture where all staff work together to achieve success for the whole of the business. The IT Department is a strong team with experienced people, many of whom joined us straight from university and have developed second to none understanding of the business. They will pass this experience onto new members of the team to help them develop to their full potential.
You can expect an attractive rewards package including:
- A competitive salary
- 33 days of holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Plus a friendly working environment in a Company that is committed to helping you develop your career
We recently conducted a survey with over 160 franchisees, Head Office and local office staff; 93% say they are proud to work for Driver Hire, which shows we care about our people.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please send your full CV to: email@example.com
We will review all applications and you will be contacted within 14 days of your application if you have been shortlisted.Apply for this role