IT Systems Developer – Fixed-Term Contract
We are currently looking for an ambitious and motivated IT Systems Developer to join our innovative IT Department at Bradford Head Office on a 12-month fixed-term contract. It’s an exciting opportunity to work on our systems and solutions that are both developed and supported in house using a variety of different languages and platforms.
You will play a key role in developing a multitude of bespoke systems from a driving license checking website with over 1000 users to a candidate and client recruitment application used by the entire Driver Hire network of over 100 offices.
What does the role involve?
- Working to software development and coding standards
- Creating technical specifications from functional requirements as well as test plans and unit tests
- Providing technical development advice to other developers and team members
- Leading peer review process and enforcing coding standards within the development team
- Engaging in Agile development process and contributing to all Scrum meetings
- Supporting systems through their release cycle
- Diagnosing and supporting 3rd party system implementation
- Providing expert system knowledge and 2nd line support to IT Support team
What do you need to be successful?
Having worked as part a development team, you will be comfortable speaking with internal stakeholders, gathering requirements and turning them into technical solutions.
Your success in this role will be based on the following knowledge and skills:
- Confidence and proficiency in Web and Desktop Application Development
- Knowledge of Agile/ Scrum methodologies, REST Web Services, MS Office, Issue Tracking, Telerik / 3rd Party Control Sets, Generics, LINQ, MVC Design Pattern, JQuery
- Experience with SQL Server, Visual Studio/ TFS 2012, Win Forms, Web Forms and Web API, HTML, CSS
- Hold a relevant IT Degree (or equivalent qualifications/ experience)
It would be advantageous for you to have experience/ knowledge of the following:
- MVC, WPF, MDX, Power Shell, Active Directory, IIS SQL Server, Cross Browser Compatibility, Windows Server
- Basic Image Editing and File Formats, W3C and WAI
- Some exposure to Control Libraries and Automation and Unit Testing
- Working with and updating issue tracking software
Why work for Driver Hire?
By joining us, you can expect an attractive rewards package including:
- A competitive salary
- Healthcare scheme (post-probation)
- 33 days of holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- An extra paid day off on your birthday
- An optional paid day off every year to volunteer in your local community
Plus, a friendly working environment in a company that is committed to helping you develop your career.
Our staff are important to us, so we regularly benchmark ourselves against our competitors. In a recent staff survey, 93% stated they are ‘proud’ or ‘very proud’ to work for Driver Hire. We are currently ranked 43rd in the UK’s Best Workplaces™ for medium-sized companies, and the current bfa HSBC Franchisor of the Year Silver Winner (and finalists in 2018).
So, if you’d like to join our team and develop your career with us, we’d love to hear from you today. Please send your full CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will review all applications and you will be contacted within 14 days of your application if you have been shortlisted.Apply for this role